Company benefits – productivity and performance
Workplace health promotion is an important way to not only improve health but also improve employees productivity. Apart from being lower in calories than the usual office snack, the benefits of eating more fruit at work impact positively on business performance.
- A study carried out by health and wellbeing consultancy vielife proved that a healthy employee is up to 20% more productive than an unhealthy employee. Healthy employees therefore equal a healthy bottom line.
- Employees who look after their weight report less sickness absence than those classed as obese which means lower costs associated with illness and absence from work.
- Providing free fruit shows you care about the health of your employees who in turn feel more appreciated and motivated.
- The natural sugars in fruit allow us to think faster and remain alert longer which means no more afternoon slumps in energy and fuzzy brains.
Employee benefits – your health
We spend up to 60% of our waking hours at work so need to eat 3 of our 5 A DAY at work. Healthy eating in the workplace can also help employees be happier at work.
- Eating more fruit and veg is the second most important cancer prevention strategy after giving up smoking.
- For each portion of fruit eaten there is up to a 40% greater level of protection against having a stroke.
- Having fruit at work means we are more likely to reach for a banana than something unhealthy and fattening from the vending machine.
View our office fruit boxes and pricing and ask your boss now to support eating 3 A DAY AT WORK.
It is now easier to eat healthily at work, we are offering 25% off a four week trial so place your fruit order today. Call us now on 0845 643 5310.